Why Hire a Career Coach?
Pursuing a successful legal career, building a robust practice, balancing career with a personal life, changing jobs or deciding to follow a dream outside the traditional practice of law can seem a daunting prospect, but our highly experienced coaches can help you. Shannon & Manch, the premier provider of career advising and coaching services, offers affordable, flexible, and individualized programs for Coaching and will work with you to find the program that meets your unique needs. We have helped individuals with the following:
- Launching a strategic job search
- Developing a strategy to get new business and build a network, including the use of social networking
- Charting a plan for the ideal career path, inside or outside the law
- Improving effectiveness and efficiency through time, project, and stress management strategies
- Communicating with confidence
- Taking leadership and supervisory skills to the next level
- Re-entering the legal profession after time away
- Strategizing a plan for retiring from the full-time practice of law and entering the next career phase
- Integrating career with personal values and vision
Our programs include most or all of the following elements: self-assessment, identifying distinctive strengths and areas for development, examining and clarifying organizational expectations, and developing an action plan.
Highly Specialized Legal Coaching Professionals
Our experienced legal career coaches provide one-on-one, confidential sessions held in person, over the telephone or via video conference. Each of our coaches has undergone coach training, has a master’s degree or beyond in the field of counseling, and/or a law degree. Learn more about our team online
In addition to one-on-one coaching, you will receive access to our career resources. They include:
- Online Career Center: Our coaching clients are provided full access to our online Career Center, a repository of information culled from many years of experience in legal career advising. Resources include: sample resumes, addendums, business development plans, city guides, major job search engines, firm employment processes and more.
- Library of Legal/Career Websites: Access many of the most used legal websites all from one location, making it easy for you to find what you need, when you need it.
- AttorneyJobs.com Partnership: As a valued client, you will receive an exclusive 10% discount code for an extended subscription to AttorneyJobs.com, the premier legal job search site, just for choosing Shannon & Manch.
- THE Lawyer’s Career Management Handbook: Recently published by West Publishing, the handbook was written by the expert advisors at Shannon & Manch. Over 700 pages of information, the Handbook guides you through your career with 50 chapters on topics such as: Self-Assessment, Market Research, Getting Unstuck, Job Search Strategies, Career and Self-Management for Diverse Lawyers, Critical Career Skills, Organizational Skills, People and Project Management, and Wellness. Our clients receive a 10% discount from West towards the purchase of this book.
For more information about our coaching services, please contact us